Sunday, November 10, 2013

Muffin (or Rose's) Dresser

I was given my grandfather's old dresser for Muffin. (If Rosemary, Wyatt AND Cheyanne get their way, Muffin will become Rose...but not so sure- three independent ideas on the name sure is a bit convincing!)

Anyways, the dresser was a perfectly good white color, but it seemed that a little girl would need a bit of color. I love purple and have been extremely unsuccessful in getting a purple room or purple ANYTHING in this house, so Muffin got a purple dresser. After a search on Pinterest by both my friend Jordan and me, I settled on an increasing purple intensity motif. I was going to get different drawer pulls, but that turned out to be more of a hassle than anything else.  Here are the before and after shots. (It really is not a weird trapezoidal shape like the camera is showing....just couldn't get far enough away to get the angle right).



2 comments:

  1. Love it! Plus if you ever get tired of it you just repaint it. I think you are seeing the joys of painting furniture!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I guess you are right Jordan! Just don't get used to seeing us paint too much wood!

      Delete